These tacos make a great summer dinner!
Sometimes I need something quick and easy for dinner. Tofu tacos come under that category. I only have to cook one thing, tofu in chili sauce, and then chop up the rest of the ingredients, put them in bowls, set it on the table, and let the FOO at it. Serve with Spanish Rice and Beans, and you’ve got a great low fat, healthy version of Taco Dinner Night!
- 1 pound firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups New Mexico Red Chili Sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced olives
- diced tomatoes
- grated cheese or cheese alternative
- Corn or flour 6 Tortillas
- Cube tofu into small cubes. Cover in Red Chili Sauce, and marinade overnight. Alternately, a vacuum sealer with the marinade function and container can be used.
- Cook the tofu in chili sauce for approximately 30-45 minutes. Don’t let the sauce dry out. Add a little water, or vegetable stock, as needed.
- Prepare the garnishes in individual serving dishes.
- Serve family style with warm corn or flour tortillas. They go great with Smashed Black Beans and Arroz.