When the Strawberry season hits, be ready with this versatile and satisfying recipe. Take the full, ripe berry, combine it with sugar, cook, puree, and you have a homemade treat for ice cream, lemonade, or waffles and pancakes.
Simple Strawberry Syrup
Make this simple Strawberry Syrup to pour over waffles & pancakes, ice cream, desserts, or even in lemonades and other drinks.
Write a review
- 2 cups Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- A pinch of salt
- Wash strawberries thoroughly. Trim off the tops, then slice.
- Place strawberries into a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Puree with an immersion wand or in a blender (don't fill the blender up all the way, it might explode from the heat).
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds and pulp.
- Return to the pan, add the lemon juice and salt. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the heat. Place into a metal container, and cool in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, pour into a squeeze bottle and serve with pancakes, waffles, or Ice Cream.
Kitchen Shaman http://www.kitchenshaman.com/