One of the things I love are mashed, or whipped potatoes. As a vegan-minded person, I’ve learned to make a tasty vegan version, sans cream and butter. Substitute the butter for a vegan margarine of your choice, and use soy milk instead of heavy cream or whole milk.
I’ve tried other non-dairy milks, but soy milk has the highest fat content to simulate the creaminess of whole milk.
- 4-5 yukon gold or creamer (white) potatoes, boiled
- 3-4 tbsp of margarine
- 4-5 tbsp of soy milk
- s & p to taste
- Boil potatoes until soft and tender. Creamer potatoes don't need to be peeled. Just wash them under cold water before using.
- Drain and put into a bowl.
- In a separate pot, heat up soy milk to almost boiling.
- Add soy milk and margarine. Whip to a consistency that you like. (some people like them chunky, some like them smooth).
- For a twist you can add roasted poblano chilies and corn.
- Enjoy with Portabello Mushroom Steaks, BBQ Tofu, Grilled Tofu, or any other entree of your choice.