It’s that time again where we look at the national food holidays. It’s February, so not quite spring, but there is some freshness coming at you. First let’s look at the month-long celebrations.
Berry Fresh Month, what smoothie loving vegan wouldn’t love this month when the berries burst forth from the bush and provide us with their sweetness and antioxidant goodness? Next up Celebration of Chocolate. As long as it’s dark chocolate, and from fair trade and organic sources, I’m in. Canned goods are popular this month as well as cherries. Make sure you’ve got a cherry pitter around so you can make a cherry pie for Great American Pies Month. And what’s not to love about the Sweet Potato? Celebrate it all month long with some of your favorite sweet potato recipes starting with sweet potato pie. And don’t forget to eat a grapefruit every day for National Grapefruit Month.
On to the main attraction: I’ve hand-picked my favorite food holidays for vegans from the big list of observances. There’s a bit of nuts and chocolate in there, and my favorite, stuffed mushrooms. So get out and experiment with your food!
- February 3: National Carrot Cake Day
- February 4: Homemade Soup Day
- February 4: National Stuffed Mushroom Day
- February 5: World Nutella Day
- February 6: National Chopsticks Day
- February 16: National Almond Day
- February 19: National Chocolate Mint Day
- February 20: National Cherry Pie Day
- February 24: National Tortilla Chip Day
- February 25: National Chocolate-Covered Nuts Day
- February 26: National Pistachio Day
- February 27: National Strawberry Day
- February 28: National Chili Day