Lemongrass is a sweet, slightly lemon-ey flavor from Asia. When used properly, it imparts an earthy lemon scent to food. Used in rice, it adds a depth and dimension to whatever dish you are serving it with. This is one of my favorite rice infusions.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- Bring the water to a boil in a sturdy sauce pan. Add a pinch of salt, the chopped lemongrass, and the rice.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer, cover with a tight lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the rice is done, fluff with a fork, and add to your favorite entrée.